Regular dental visits can do more than just keeping your smile attractive. A recent study done shows that health of your mouth defines the condition of your body. If your mouth is healthy, your body is likely to be healthy but if your mouth in unhealthy, then you might be having other health problems.
Good oral health is not only sign of good health but also prevents diseases from occurring.
Poor Oral Health Can Lead To Problems
Caring for your teeth and gums is important, if you don’t attend to them on a regular basis, it can lead to many health problems -:
- Oral and Facial Pain -: Infection of the gums that support the teeth and can lead to tooth loss. Gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease which affects a majority of the population.
- Problems with the heart and other major organs -: Mouth infections can affect major organs. For example, the heart and heart valves can become inflamed by bacterial endocarditis, a condition that affects people with heart disease or anyone with damaged heart tissue.
- Digestion problems -: Digestion begins with physical and chemical processes in the mouth, and problems here can lead to intestinal failure, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders.
What You Should Do?
A regular dental check – up is necessary to keep your mouth in good shape and this also allows your dentist to lookout for any future problem that might occur and take precautions for the same. A dental examination can detect poor health and hygiene; identify problems at early stage and improper jaw alignment. A regular check – up also makes sure that the dentist is up to date with your medical history and take care of your teeth better.
You can do certain basic activities to make sure your dental health is always good –:
- Brush Twice A Day(once in the morning and the other in evening) for at least 2 minutes, using fluoridated toothpaste.
- Rinse You Mouth After Every Meal
- Floss Dailyto remove plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Eat A Nutritious Diet to provide the necessary tools (vitamins A or C, in particular) to prevent gum diseases.
- Avoid Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco, which are known to contribute to gum disease and oral cancer.
- Visit The Dentist Regularly for cleanings and exams. This is one of the most effective ways to detect the early signs of gum disease.
Stay Healthy, Stay Fit with Medzin, India’s most trusted online healthcare store.